Multi-layered PDF map and detailed index for Atlas Keléstia square TRZN-A1 (Máris).
The area of TRZN-A1 is located on the north-central coast of the kingdom of Emélrenè and includes the western part of Álgram shire as well as some of southern Quándas shire. It is a region with rapidly growing trade centres, but it also includes the dangerous wilds of the Ellarýn hills and forest. Locations on the map include:
- Máris - seat of the Earl of Nyan, a relation of the Mèlderýni Earl of Núrisel. Máris is a busy port near the mouth of the Nyan River. Increasing trade with Hârn and ports around the Gulf of Shôrkýnè is driving expansion.
- Rústiro - a keep that guards a major bridge over the lower Nyan River, also held by the Earl of Nyan. It has a relatively new governor who replaced a previous officeholder convicted of embezzlement.
- Báros - a settlement on the windy western shore administered by a cousin of the Duchess of Cháronès. The surrounding manors are increasingly suffering under incursions from dangerous Ívashù.
- Cenóma - seat of a baron whose principal interests are in the arcane, and site of a small Odívshè chantry devoted to the study of a nearby ethereal zone.
- Panîra - growing port and castle-town which is the seat of the Earl of Módan, the retired Chancellor of Emélrenè. The bailiff for the surrounding Larýn Hundred is recently gone missing, and several crimes in the region are thus not being investigated.
- Éldwen Forest - a dark and foreboding wooded region which lies between Báros and Cenóma. Location of ancient ruins which seem to be the source of increasing numbers of Ívashù infesting the area.
- Kûlrýsgrif Abbey - one of the most important Sávè-K'nôran abbeys in northern Emélrenè, run by the Order of the Hýn-Aelôri. The nearby shrine and hermitage of Médwyran is devoted to scholars seeking solitude and contemplation.
- Ellýdan - an Ilvîran shrine linked to the Order of the Endless Multitude. The cultists seek to engage with the Ívashù of various kinds that 'emerge' from several nearby locations. Conflict between the cultists and forces from chapter-houses of the Laránian militant Order of the Lion Banner are growing.
- Ôrickath Abbey - a large Peónian abbey of the Order of the Balm of Joy. The Abbess is concerned at stories of the oppression of peasants at nearby manors, including one held by a Laránian fighting order.
- Gobáitan and Íeladh manors - manors in Larýn Hundred held by the young and ambitious Laránian Bishop of Panîra. The bailiffs of both are seeking to extract as much revenue from these domains as possible, to finance their bishop's bid for the Archbishopric of Máxîr.
An index (provided as both a text PDF file and an Excel data file) includes notes and data for every named location on the map.
TRZN-A1 cartography by N. Robin Crossby, Ken Snellings, and Jeremy Baker. Location notes and data by Jeremy Baker. Edited by Robert B. Schmunk.