• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 1 day ago

Generally I love it, mostly for the background tapestry, but also for the gaming options. Especially the highlighted H'anvúchè is a well chosen option, which may even be targeted by my actual (seafaring) group in the future. It certainly is a "port of call" for traders and adventurers, and has a multitude of leads to go there, and options to delve deeper into Thonia from there.

Of the index entrys the only one I would have expected more (even in an index) is the first, Áhnàgu, of which only the fact that it is "legendary" is mentioned, but nothing on why, or what could be encountered there. Looking at the entry under the elder races it becomes clear that is a city of the Ahnu, or Dragons, but it still remains mysterious to the point that I could not even give my players a taste of what to expect - perhaps because I totally fail to imagine how a city of dragons may look like. That said, the idea of named (and characterized) dragons is new, but certainly justified considering their age and possible impact on society. I like that - it makes development from a given situation easier - and I start to wonder what other important dragons may dwell in other regions.

Reading the stories and interactions of the other cultures feels like filling in some real history of Kethira - perhaps because my own knowledge on any Terran equivalents is too scarce to see any overlays - and I am now really looking forward to deeper information on Hepekaria and perhaps later the Venarian sea.

Overall I am more then happy with it. Sorry if my only problem with the one illustration looks like a major issue - but I would not even bother to complain if it would not be a product worth it.

That said...
    I just developed a new perspective upon the character of the Ilme. Perhaps my group will some day find an Ilme who has the mission to bring some important information towards his cousins on Hârn, and might be inclined to help him... poor souls.

• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 1 day ago

Sorry, but I think you err here on the style and timing.

Here is a depiction of typical Landsknechts fighting around 1502:

From a different source (Schilling) is this depiction of Dorneck 1499:

As you may see, there is nothing yet of the flamboyant style that has become so common just 10 years later, and that prevails for around 25 years before it changes yet again. This particular style with slashed outer garments is inspired by depictions from the 1510-1540 era. Given more colors, this illustration would fit here, and nowhere else - not later, and definitely not earlier. We do find earlier incidents of slashed clothing in the Italian nobility of the 15th century, and slowly spreading from there towards nobles and patricians in the rest of Europe, but their general style was different.

This particular merchant looks like he was inspired by Graf or Burgkmair, which simply activates too many Renaissance connections in me (perhaps just in me) to make him a possible part of Kelestia in TR720. For me its some 400 years off my expectations, and I cannot imagine a world where this guy walks through the streets of Tashal or Jarehm.

• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the feedback Puster! We'll definitely take it under consideration.

Were there specific things you liked about Thonia? Other things you didn't?

Cheers,

Ken

• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 3 days ago

. . . wearing something so spartan. He wore multiple layers of contrasting materials, with cutouts and slashes designed to reveal them. There would be an undershirt revealed at the collar, the sleeves would be of completely different material than the bodice, there wouldn't be a codpiece, . . . I could go on. There is a lot more to style than just the silhouette.

And that poofy silhouette is more common than you think. It has gone in and out of style for military uniforms many times. It offers freedom of movement and (so I'm told) makes the man look more muscular and intimidating. Of course, our fellow isn't a soldier in uniform, but male fashion has always been influenced by military garb.

• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 3 days ago

>methods of his clothing are medieval
    Thats the point. It it NOT "medieval". Apart from being uniformly brown and having an odd chain and sword this could be a Landsknecht depiction of around 1520. It certainly would fit not a single historical depiction that predates 1500. I would clearly put this one into the early modern period, specifically into the Renaissance.

Perhaps I am a bit sensitive here, as I have stared at several hundreds of images of the 1480-1540 era - its just one of my focal historical interests - and until now I had not expected anything of that era to show up in Kelestia. If we go for historical analogies (and this image certainly is one) we should rather go for the pretty rich background of the 12-14th century. I would certainly vote for replacing this image with one that does not expand the historical tapestry another 200 years into the Terran future. I simply fail to see this Landsknecht style in the same world as a viking. It simply is like the WW2-style badges that once showed up in CGs Rethem - something that for me (and perhaps just for me) does not match my mental image of Kethira.

• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 4 days ago

. . . the materials and methods of his clothing are medieval. I don't see anything *technologically* that needs explanation, but if the style bothers you, you could add to the text, "The Azeryani merchants in H’anvúchè opt for large, floppy knit caps to protect their eyes and necks from the sun. The sleeves of their jerkins and legs of their breeches are puffed up to provide the suggestion of a muscular build and most carry a shoka (sword) in the most conspicuous manner possible - some actually have the martial skill to match their appearance. A leather codpiece completes the typical ensemble - it is, of course, much larger than strictly necessary."

• Thónia: the End of the World   3 weeks 4 days ago

A fantastic addition to the canon. I am tempted to send my PCs outwards bound on a ship.

Yet, I cannot fail to be irritated by the merchant depicted on H’anvúchè 5. While the illustration is fine, it depicts somebody that in Terra would be classified at around 1500, and so looks a bit out of time in Lythia for my expectations.
    I know that the ships that cruise Lythias water are already the like of Terras mid 15th century, but otherwise in MY mind I always depicted a historic era equivalent to Terras 1100 to 1300 (even earlier, in the case of the Ivinian culture). If the Byrian (or other Ketharian) cultures are more comparable to Terras late 15th/early 16th century, it certainly would be a revelation that needs at least a couple of more regional modules to digest...

• Sánthrada - Eastern Lýthia Map and Index   5 weeks 2 days ago

Thanks for the update! Glossing over the map makes me so excited. So many details and stuff I want to know more about. Looks so cool. And maybe in time a map of the Gulf of Mafan as it is now scattered among multiple maps. But anything in this part of the world will be met with joy by me.

• Sánthrada - Eastern Lýthia Map and Index   5 weeks 4 days ago

There are over 250 pages of text already written for Santhrada, but getting artwork for a publication that large will take a while. In the meantime, expect to see sections of the text released in draft form as Premium content, just so you can get a head start in your adventuring. Once all the art is done, the finished module will be released in its entirety. Expect a format similar to "Anzeloria".

FYI, there is also a nice Kamerand map in inventory, but no text or index, yet. A base Mernat map was already released as Premium content. There are also base maps in inventory for all the other archipelagos, so the full circumnavigation idea is not entirely a pipe dream.

• Sánthrada - Eastern Lýthia Map and Index   5 weeks 4 days ago

I especially like it how it complements the Mengola-map. All we need now is a Mengola Index and extensive modules covering each and any local site on both maps. :-)

Seriously spoken, seems we are now equipped for a circumnavigation of Lythia, though not yet of all Kethira. Time for an adventure?

• Sánthrada - Eastern Lýthia Map and Index   5 weeks 6 days ago

Thank you! Looks really cool. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Hopefully the full book will come soon.

• Venarive map   18 weeks 2 days ago

Hi

The current Venârivè map has the topography layer.

You should be able to download from your account.

Cheers

Fastred

• Venarive map   18 weeks 2 days ago

Hi

The current Venârivè map has the topography layer.

You should be able to download from your account.

Cheers

Fastred

• Venarive map   21 weeks 18 hours ago

You are most welcome.

• Venarive map   21 weeks 18 hours ago

You are most welcome.

• Venarive map   21 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks Lawrence, thought I seen it somewhere :p

Was hoping there was a layer for average temperature alongside the others

• Venarive map   21 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks Lawrence, thought I seen it somewhere :p

Was hoping there was a layer for average temperature alongside the others

• Venarive map   21 weeks 1 day ago

In the Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia module see Appendix XVII that starts on page 217. Temperature info is on page 219, midway down the left column. You'll have to work out average teps from the various weather charts for yourself.

• Venarive map   21 weeks 1 day ago

• Venarive map   21 weeks 2 days ago

Just started on a project with a friend and noticed that there is no Temperature data on Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia.

Is this missing, elsewhere, or not available?

There is precipitation, wind, ocean currents, climate, but I'm after average temperatures across Venârivè :(

• Venarive map   21 weeks 2 days ago

Is this missing, elsewhere, or not available?

• Harn Interactive - Spelling Clarification   23 weeks 3 days ago

Ah, thought that was bound to happen, thanks for the clarrification Jeremy.

Wish they'd used all the proper accents personally :( so much easier to understand how to pronounce them when not on Terra.

• Harn Interactive - Spelling Clarification   23 weeks 3 days ago

Ah, thought that was bound to happen, thanks for the clarrification Jeremy.

• News on new material?   23 weeks 4 days ago

Hello

We just released our latest - and largest ever - Atlas Keléstia square...

• News on new material?   23 weeks 4 days ago

Hello

We just released our latest - and largest ever - Atlas Keléstia square...