• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 30 weeks ago

Well, it is "Emelrene" you were reading. How much were you expecting on the history of early Melderyn?

Family trees have been developed for many clans, but Emelan clans are generally much larger than Harnic or Cheler clans and the connections are numerous (espectially with the Emhle). The geneology work was holding up the rest of the publication and was going to take up a whole lot of pages. Perhaps someone will volunteer to finish the project and they can be released in a "Great Clans of Emelrene".

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 30 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 30 weeks ago

I posted my comments on Emelrene a while back, but it seems that it just disappeared into the ether, so I'll try again.

The content of the Emelrene module is simply fantastic overall! I've really enjoyed reading it; especially the culture, folklore, society, and especially how they think under the culture subheading is very useful.

I do however have two criticism. The first is no family trees for anyone. The second comes under the history section dealing with Melderyn. The explanation of how the five kingdoms remained as electors of the crown and then were absorbed into the feudal structure is way to simplistic. It either shouldn't have been in there or it needs to be expanded and explained in further detail.

I'm more than pleased with the quality of Emelrene and it certainly is worth the money. I would highly recommend it!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 30 weeks ago

• Future development question   4 years 32 weeks ago

You'll be getting your wish, eventually. Maps for every inch of Kethira are in some stage of development - even that archipelago south of Molnasya that no one ever mentions. (I'm sure those islands were Robin's nod to New Zealand, so you would think that Jeremy would have already written a 200 page opus on it.)

• Future development question   4 years 32 weeks ago

• Future development question   4 years 32 weeks ago

I would love to see the other side of Lythia developed as the @Western half has been. I'd love to be able to have some structure to hang adventure on that fall outside of the Western half of the continent. Of course, my dream would be to see all of the continents get the Venarive/Anzeloria scale treatment.

It would be really nice to see some consistency between sections of the continent. I like the scale of the Anzeloria map for some detail, but a map to the scale of the venarive map would have been nice for the sake of continuity.

• Future development question   4 years 32 weeks ago

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   4 years 33 weeks ago

We have now added a third version of this map, which is entirely in Lakíse and Emélan, the script and language of the Eméla.

It can be accessed in the download zip file, or directly here:

• Future development question   4 years 33 weeks ago

We don't like to make specific commitments, because our work is ready when its done, but yes - we have work in progress on Karéjia, Tríerzòn, and Eastern Lýthia. And other areas.

• Future development question   4 years 33 weeks ago

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   4 years 36 weeks ago

Nice map! It is not obvious that there is a zip archive accessed by clicking on the map.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 38 weeks ago

Most printers these days have an option to print what is on the current view. So you can blow up the area you want to fit the window and then print it. You could also copy a snapshot of the area desired and then print that as well.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 38 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 38 weeks ago

I am looking at printing the map and notice
    that the map looks like it's 80" × 51" is that right?
    Is there a way just to print certain parts
    Of it

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 38 weeks ago

I am looking at printing the map and notice
    that the map looks like it's 80" × 51" is that right?
    Is there a way just to print certain parts
    Of it

• Typos, Mistakes?   4 years 40 weeks ago

thanks for the notice! We'll work on getting corrections.

• Typos, Mistakes?   4 years 40 weeks ago

thanks for the notice! We'll work on getting corrections.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 40 weeks ago

The main map is a seperate product:

I admit that a poetic map - something that could be handed out as a "map" to the players - would be great as part of the kingdom-module, but you cannot get more detail then this map provides.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 40 weeks ago

The main map is a seperate product:

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 40 weeks ago

Emelrene is great, but a more detailed map of the country would be more than useful. I'm disappointed by that alone. I have Venereve, but it does not go into the detail I would like.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 40 weeks ago

• Typos, Mistakes?   4 years 41 weeks ago

under quilt shirt it list "Ua Sh Tx Ab" as protection areas
    but in the premade armor Light F it adds HP and GR it also list arms area which i get as its says it with sleeves but why add hip and groin

• Typos, Mistakes?   4 years 41 weeks ago

under quilt shirt it list "Ua Sh Tx Ab" as protection areas

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   4 years 41 weeks ago

Summer time and nobody answers :-)

I have not playtested Emélrenè yet, but having read through it, I must say I like it. First it fills the missing link between Hârn and Venârivè. When there was "just" Hârn, it seemed to be self contained and without links to the outside. Well, at least, this was the feeling I had. At least in respect to Melderyn this is not the case and for me the module mends the isle to the continent in a reasonable way.

Another thing I like about the module is, that it gives glimpses on cultural elements that I miss in classic Hârn productions. I like that, since it supports the gamemaster without really reducing my options how I want to play the world. otherwise I have to come up with everything myself. Older Hârn productions look somewhat sterile in that sense (at least to me).

Keep up the good work! Want to hear more about Venârivè!