• Compatability   1 year 13 weeks ago

Yeah that's what my thought were.
    Pity the rules format makes it confusing, they should have highlighted additions/modifications to base rules imho.
    The change in format would allow you to mix n match the rules as you see fit, as they are not all products mix n match well, and to change/modify them, you have to become a rules wizard. That hampers the game sadly.
    This happened with D&D, as an example, where 2nd, 3rd, 4th, editions are atkin to CG's v3, gold would be 3rd, and the core rules 2nd edition. Leaving the st edition rules as "classic" syled rules.
    I get torn between supporting Kelestia & CG products, no matter which style or rule set you wish to use, it's more work than it should involve. The differences between products stem on their own paths, Kelestia is more akin to proper rules, whereas CG seems to go further on various fronts.
    It comes down to vision of their IP, I'd prefer to back KEL all the way with a few exceptions like map style. There should be some common ground. Sadly atm, it's like robin's vision is like Michael Angelo, Kelestia is like Van Gogh, and CG is google maps.
    Take another difference, HarnManor, the system is very useful and expands on the original, however in the usual CG manner, they inflate stats breaking feudal economic system. There needs to be some sort of primer for adjusting the level of economics, whereas the module is great, it does not justify a stagnant economic system that imho, breaks the realism. I mean, how does a manor is all the variety of Kingdoms vary using this system? Trade, production level, population, location, and social structure should adjust the pricing. It would be very beneficial to have a stand alone Economic rule book, that had a stack of data, adjustments, with the above mentioned pieces.
    ie. HarnManor put into an economic simulator such as Patrician IV, Grand Ages: Medieval, Port Royale 3, Banished, or even Anno 1404 - Dawn of Discovery: Venice, as examples. Economic flow should also vary depending on Land or Sea, the markets, ports, and the flow of goods should fluctuate within the Kingdoms, shires, towns and villages. If you use HarnManor to flesh out a new provincial area, you should be able to create a new addition to the economic model and over time, see shifts in which goods are in demand or decline. In turn, affecting the population and social order of the living world in each and every area.

• Possible 2nd Account   1 year 14 weeks ago

I do know that the database died and had to be revived sometime back in the "00's". Contact Kelestia via the contact button and I am sure they can help you out.

• Possible 2nd Account   1 year 14 weeks ago

• Compatability   1 year 14 weeks ago

Harnmaster Gold is a update of Harnmaster 1st edition. It keeps a lot of the crunchy bits that were shaved off with Harnmaster 2nd and 3rd edition.
    Harnmaster Barbarians is fine, except that the invocations are arbitrary and sometimes down right silly. Same goes for Harnmaster Religion where Larani has better healing then Peoni.

Harnmaster Gold will not have any discrepancies with Harndex as Harndex is system neutral.

• Compatability   1 year 14 weeks ago

• Possible 2nd Account   1 year 14 weeks ago

Because of the time period it would have been an account as zrayaan and probably using zrayaan@yahoo or *possibly* zrayaan.shopping@gmail (even possibly teak.shopping but I don't think I ever had that address). I do know it would have been prior to/circa 2004. I no longer have a paypal account under the zrayaan address, but I am nearly positive Kelestia didn't use that service at the time because I have pretty good records stemming from sales on ebay during that time.

And if I had to guess, I only bought HMG Player/GM and Lost Deities.

• Possible 2nd Account   1 year 14 weeks ago

And if I had to guess, I only bought HMG Player/GM and Lost Deities.

• Compatability   1 year 15 weeks ago

What is wrong with HarnMaster Barbarians?

I'm also looking at HMG rules myself, so if you're trying to roll back the HMv3 rules you can waste a lot of time.

Just wish there was an article or simpler way to see the deviations and version of rules.

Run into the same thing for Harn Manor, the first version is simple, the expansion from CG moves towards their v3 rules. My concern with their version is the inflated data.

Will there ever be a "descrepencies with HarnMaster Gold" adjustment, maybe in the form of harndex?

• Compatability   1 year 15 weeks ago

What is wrong with HarnMaster Barbarians?

• Possible 2nd Account   1 year 15 weeks ago

It may simply be because you bought them a very long time ago.
    I'm speculating, but I know that my orders go back to 09/09/08, and the orders I placed before then (all the HMG stuff, Chelemby Kingdom, Evanekin, Koladis, Ledenheim, AK folio 1 (and possibly more)) don't appear in my file downloads.
    -N-

• Possible 2nd Account   1 year 15 weeks ago

It may simply be because you bought them a very long time ago.
    -N-

• How many out there?   1 year 19 weeks ago

I haven't had a chance to play in Harn recently, but I still stop by semi frequently to see what's going on. I'm actually hoping to start up a Harn game to contrast the mid level D&D Adventurers League games I've been running for the FLGS. When I do, I'll be using HMG as my rules of choice.

• How many out there?   1 year 19 weeks ago

• How many out there?   1 year 20 weeks ago

I'm still here, just a lot less time for gaming, especially PnP RPG's in general.

• How many out there?   1 year 20 weeks ago

• Premium Content   1 year 21 weeks ago

Dear Jan,

Thanks, both as e-mail and a message on here. Thank you.
    It works of course.

Thanks for a great service,

Bart

• Premium Content   1 year 21 weeks ago

Hi! Access to the Premium area is normally granted soon after you've reached the 100 $ threshold.

I've just checked your profile and you are definitely a Premium Member now. Please clear your browser's cache and your Kelestia.com cookies. Then please log back in to your Kelestia.com account. The "Premium" button should now appear to the right of the "Contact" button. If it still isn't there, please let us know.

• Premium Content   1 year 22 weeks ago

Hello, I am at 100 now. But I can imagine that there is a timelag for the update of the button. (For example one check and update a month.) Can you let me know if this is the case? Thanks in advance.

• How many out there?   1 year 25 weeks ago
    HMG

I switched over to HMG about 6 years ago now and have never regretted it once. For decades, I used Harn (and Kethera) as my world for 2E D&D, but got sick of trying to change D&D to fit my idea of the world as I wanted it. A friend invited me to play in his D&D 2nd edition about a year or so ago, and I just couldn't enjoy it now. Don't get me wrong, loved and poayed D&D from the original white papmphlet style books when it was THE RPG out there, played AD&D, 2nd Edition and tinkered with 3rd before hanging up my D&D spurs for good. Too much fantasy and unbelievable amounts of magic and monsters for the world when looked at from my older more experienced gamers eyes (which at 53, would benefit from glasses, but I digress). HMG gets rid of all the things I hated in the old system. Mortality is once more something other than a mild inconvenience surmounted by a moderately experienced priest. Killing everything and stealing its stuff has way less appeal if a normal person with a normal weapon might lay you in your grave.

• How many out there?   1 year 25 weeks ago
    HMG

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   1 year 26 weeks ago

My players constantly pine for a low magic fantasy world and are tired of being murder hobos. A richly developed world like Kelestia/Harn is really ideal. I would love to see other kingdoms in Ivinia developed as mentioned above, especially Seldenbaal.

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   1 year 26 weeks ago

• How many out there?   1 year 26 weeks ago
    HMG

Since the question was posed six months ago, it's easy to see I don't log on here all that often. Usually I log when I get a message that there is something new.

To answer your question about who uses Robin's Gold rules, when my group will allow me to run Harn with any of the Harnmaster rules, i choose HMG. Alas they prefer Pathfinder as it's more "heroic". (read super hero) Being a fan of nitty gritty realism - "The Bicycle Thief" in Italian Realism films - I groan in despair at the stupid inane feats a character magically acquires as she levels.

Alas these are all close friends so dumping them to find players ready to do Harn is not possible.

• How many out there?   1 year 26 weeks ago
    HMG

• How many out there?   1 year 31 weeks ago

I'm still here. HMG is my go-to system for Hârn/Venârivè gaming. I accept no substitute.

My last active Hârn campaign was two years ago. Thanks to Venârivè and a multicultural game group, my Hârn became populated with a very diverse set of adventurers. Since then I've primarily been running Pathfinder (both PFS and a home game using Rise of the Runelords). It's popular, and it's fun - but it's not Hârn.

I'm in the process of prepping the next Hârn campaign. Part of these efforts will involve loading tons of Hârnic information into the Realm Works campaign manager, which I and my players have come to use heavily.

At the moment I haven't decided the background to the campaign for definite. I fancy a bit of a change from Káldôr/Vemionshire games, and am toying with the idea of using the Second Jarin Rebellion in Orbaal is the primary backdrop. We'll see.

I am delighted with the work the Keléstia team have published. I'm not too bothered by the small scale maps, but the modules are magnificent and add tons of detail to our understanding of Keléstia and Lýthia.

There are currently 1 user and 45 guests online.

Online users