• Kingdom of Emélrenè published   2 years 49 weeks ago

It is a pity that I do not play Hârmaster in the Momnet. But when my group will return to the shores of Kethira Emelrene wil be a part of our playworld. Thank you.
    Now I must find the time to read. :)

BTW: I had purchased Anzelôria just to support the company. I don't know wether I will ever use this material.

But Emelren I bought with pleasure and will use it. Carry on

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 14 weeks ago
    TY

Hehehe, thank you Fástred, it's me! My name is Francesco...damn' nicknames!!

Thanks for the upload, hope you like!

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 14 weeks ago
    TY

Hehehe, thank you Fástred, it's me! My name is Francesco...damn' nicknames!!

Thanks for the upload, hope you like!

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 14 weeks ago

Francesco Catenacci has kindly produced Character Birthplace Generation Tables for Chéler characters. These are available with a range of other Chélemby downloads here:

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 14 weeks ago

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 17 weeks ago

Hi, Oz,

On your first point, it should read "Option 1", correct.

On diseases: my guess is that you could make those three separate options! Option (1): Condition - (CI x 5), or (2): Condition - ([CI-3] x 5) or (3): Endurance x CI. The three will give different lethalities (generally 3 would be most lethal, then 2, with 1 least lethal) to suit your tastes for your p-Harn.

Disease is always a tricky thing to model "well". It relies on characters being exposed to appropriate vectors, when the character most likely has no idea what those vectors are... As always, with Harn, choose your seasoning to taste!

Cheers!

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 17 weeks ago

Hi, Oz,

On your first point, it should read "Option 1", correct.

Cheers!

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 17 weeks ago

Hi all!

I only recently found HMG and frankly it seems to me one of the best RPG ever made: too bad that I don't have discovered it before (but, you know, it is better late than never!).

Okay, let's come to the point: I think I found a couple of typos/mistakes, but I'm learning now the rules and I could be wrong:

1) Player Edition → Combat 20 → Weapon Damage Variants → Option 2 → the optional rule states that "As for Option 3", but I think it meant Option 1 (or not?).

2) Player Edition → Physician 3 → Contagion Roll → ...whether a character catches a disease test Condition + ([CI – 3] x 5), but at Glossdex 10 it says Condition – (CI x 5): well, I'm little confused!

I found also some little errors (mainly punctuation errors), but they're totally harmless.

Thanks in advance for your help and have fun!

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 17 weeks ago

Hi all!

Thanks in advance for your help and have fun!

• Astronomy of Kèthîra   3 years 18 weeks ago

It's 48 pages, including the cover, and consists of two 20+ page articles, "Astronomy" and "Astrology", plus a Java program.

The Astronomy section starts with a description of the Nolomar system, and especially the differences between the Nolomar and Solar systems and the ramifications for science and mysticism. It then describes the methods and tools used by astronomers and how tables are constructed. Next are the impacts of astronomy on culture: calendars, mathematics, Nolomar-centrism, and a discussion of 'illiterate astronomy'. An illustrated section shows a variety of applications, such as calculating longitude and predicting eclipses and conjuctions. Comets, meteors, and navigation are discussed.

The Astrology section opens with a description of the role of astrology and astrologers in society. The Twelve Domains get a new treatment and are put into mythological context. Sunsigns are described and a new Moonsign system is presented. A Kethira-centric astrological system is presented that makes use of the computer program to generate suitably arcane horoscopes for use in a game. The system ties astrology to alchemy, medicine and philosophy in a coherent and consistent way.

Tables are provides of astrological and astronomical conjunctions, 'anti-dominia' - particularly auspicious times, moonsign and sunsigns, eclipses of all kinds (from tr1 to tr800), and more. Additional tables can be generated by the included program.

Sidebars provide additional insights into incorporating astrology into a campaign. The presentation is rules-neutral, but there are obvious connections to the HarnMaster system.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

Thx Robert, that helps too. Reluctant to put you on the spot, but here I go anyway. Should I expect a miners village or three near there, OR perhaps the miners HHs are an integral part of the Abreshres or Linuga populations?

Same logic hold for trappers, lumbermen, etc.?

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

Same logic hold for trappers, lumbermen, etc.?

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

And as far as the particular examples are concerned, the mine(s) would be in the 'unsettled wilderness' and would be held by the Miners Guild, either from Abeshres or Linuga, depending on the location.

thx

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Tbh, haven't read that far ahead yet, still poring over the Shorkyne map. That map looks real good, and the skimming of Argonel even better. Thx again.

thx

Paul

Populations are 'allocated' at that level of detail in the Atlas Keléstia (AK) square publications.

For instance, take the square AK-SHKN-AX Ârgonel:

- the mining village of Glívan, which supports a number of mines outside of the manorial boundaries (and thus also outside the boundary of Ârgonel Barony), but within Gýtè Hundred, has a population listed of 16 HH (or approximately 80 miners and their families / camp followers / cooks etc).

- just to the south-east of Glívan is part of the Émhlè range of Quándas Âren ésal. This part of the range is centred around the lodge of Álun-ul. This location is listed as having a population of 10 HH (or approximately 50 individuals). These are the Émhlè (free Eméla) who live in that area.

Hope this helps.

Paul

For instance, take the square AK-SHKN-AX Ârgonel:

Hope this helps.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

So, for example, there are a bunch of mines in Elavona, south of the Atox. Where are those miners "registered"? Abreshes? Logines? Unamed settlement? Just trying to sort this stuff out.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

Unless indicated otherwise, where you have two or more overlapping populations under different jurisdictions each population will be listed under their respective group. So the Shorkyni population numbers includes not just those within the borders but also those brave folks that have pushed across them. If the latter category is significant the numbers may be called out in the text.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

Thx Fastred. I see the tribal/Nadi/etc. populations listed, but what about the regular old civilized humans (say Haraaler or Shorkyni) out there? Would they be included in the population of the larger fief (for tax, registration, whatever) purposes?

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 21 weeks ago

The 'non-claimed' areas of larger fiefs - i.e. areas not subinfeuded as part of a manor or other estate - are technically part of that larger fief.

Your intuition that these areas of land are generally used by miners, foresters, hunters and others marginal in society is generally correct.

What rights exist in terms of the use of this non-subinfueded land depends on the particular jurisdiction. For instance in many feudal lands, mining rights are a Crown prerogative; it is the Crown that grants mining licences. But this is not always the case: in Shôrkýnè mining is a prerogative of each Count (Málnîr); while in Emélrenè the situation is even more complex; mining rights are Crown prerogative in some areas, but not within Émhlè (Free Eméla) ranges...

So, as always, the answer to your question is... it depends :)