• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 15 weeks ago

under quilt shirt it list "Ua Sh Tx Ab" as protection areas
    but in the premade armor Light F it adds HP and GR it also list arms area which i get as its says it with sleeves but why add hip and groin

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   3 years 15 weeks ago

Summer time and nobody answers :-)

I have not playtested Emélrenè yet, but having read through it, I must say I like it. First it fills the missing link between Hârn and Venârivè. When there was "just" Hârn, it seemed to be self contained and without links to the outside. Well, at least, this was the feeling I had. At least in respect to Melderyn this is not the case and for me the module mends the isle to the continent in a reasonable way.

Another thing I like about the module is, that it gives glimpses on cultural elements that I miss in classic Hârn productions. I like that, since it supports the gamemaster without really reducing my options how I want to play the world. otherwise I have to come up with everything myself. Older Hârn productions look somewhat sterile in that sense (at least to me).

Keep up the good work! Want to hear more about Venârivè!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   3 years 15 weeks ago

Summer time and nobody answers :-)

Keep up the good work! Want to hear more about Venârivè!

• potions   3 years 19 weeks ago

Hi Kevsurp.

You are correct that there isn't a particular listing of specific potions and the like in HarnMaster Gold. This was the case in HarnMaster 1 as well.

In general the idea was to present potions as unique things with their properties less certain, and avoid treating them as uniform commodities that one might pick up at PotionMart or some such.

The potion generation system can be used to quickly determine the appearance, potency, and general purpose/effect of a potion, but it is left to the GM to determine the actual game effects of consuming it.

I for one realise that this may not be satisfying for some and we do have game mechanics in development for an upcoming product that will tackle Alchemy (and resulting potions) much more in depth.

Thanks for your interest in HarnMaster Gold!

• potions   3 years 19 weeks ago

Hi Kevsurp.

Thanks for your interest in HarnMaster Gold!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè published   3 years 22 weeks ago

We have provided a slightly updated version of the "Class, Ethnicity and Religious Affiliation" table included on page 91 of "Kingdom of Emélrenè".

This updated version includes some improvements in layout and clarity, based on feedback and comments from customers, and fixes a typo in one of the percentage figures in the table.

(The updated version of the table is included in the current downloadable product, but is also available free of charge for those interested in the topic of Emélreni class, ethnicity and religion generally).

You can download the new table here.

If you were one of the early purchasers of Kingdom of Emélrenè, you will have been issued a link to the new, updated module file.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè published   3 years 22 weeks ago

Thanks for your support! :)

• Kingdom of Emélrenè published   3 years 22 weeks ago

It is a pity that I do not play Hârmaster in the Momnet. But when my group will return to the shores of Kethira Emelrene wil be a part of our playworld. Thank you.
    Now I must find the time to read. :)

BTW: I had purchased Anzelôria just to support the company. I don't know wether I will ever use this material.

But Emelren I bought with pleasure and will use it. Carry on

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 39 weeks ago
    TY

Hehehe, thank you Fástred, it's me! My name is Francesco...damn' nicknames!!

Thanks for the upload, hope you like!

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 39 weeks ago
    TY

Hehehe, thank you Fástred, it's me! My name is Francesco...damn' nicknames!!

Thanks for the upload, hope you like!

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 39 weeks ago

Francesco Catenacci has kindly produced Character Birthplace Generation Tables for Chéler characters. These are available with a range of other Chélemby downloads here:

• Birthplace Generation Tables   3 years 39 weeks ago

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 42 weeks ago

Hi, Oz,

On your first point, it should read "Option 1", correct.

On diseases: my guess is that you could make those three separate options! Option (1): Condition - (CI x 5), or (2): Condition - ([CI-3] x 5) or (3): Endurance x CI. The three will give different lethalities (generally 3 would be most lethal, then 2, with 1 least lethal) to suit your tastes for your p-Harn.

Disease is always a tricky thing to model "well". It relies on characters being exposed to appropriate vectors, when the character most likely has no idea what those vectors are... As always, with Harn, choose your seasoning to taste!

Cheers!

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 42 weeks ago

Hi, Oz,

On your first point, it should read "Option 1", correct.

Cheers!

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 42 weeks ago

Hi all!

I only recently found HMG and frankly it seems to me one of the best RPG ever made: too bad that I don't have discovered it before (but, you know, it is better late than never!).

Okay, let's come to the point: I think I found a couple of typos/mistakes, but I'm learning now the rules and I could be wrong:

1) Player Edition → Combat 20 → Weapon Damage Variants → Option 2 → the optional rule states that "As for Option 3", but I think it meant Option 1 (or not?).

2) Player Edition → Physician 3 → Contagion Roll → ...whether a character catches a disease test Condition + ([CI – 3] x 5), but at Glossdex 10 it says Condition – (CI x 5): well, I'm little confused!

I found also some little errors (mainly punctuation errors), but they're totally harmless.

Thanks in advance for your help and have fun!

• Typos, Mistakes?   3 years 42 weeks ago

Hi all!

Thanks in advance for your help and have fun!

• Astronomy of Kèthîra   3 years 43 weeks ago

It's 48 pages, including the cover, and consists of two 20+ page articles, "Astronomy" and "Astrology", plus a Java program.

The Astronomy section starts with a description of the Nolomar system, and especially the differences between the Nolomar and Solar systems and the ramifications for science and mysticism. It then describes the methods and tools used by astronomers and how tables are constructed. Next are the impacts of astronomy on culture: calendars, mathematics, Nolomar-centrism, and a discussion of 'illiterate astronomy'. An illustrated section shows a variety of applications, such as calculating longitude and predicting eclipses and conjuctions. Comets, meteors, and navigation are discussed.

The Astrology section opens with a description of the role of astrology and astrologers in society. The Twelve Domains get a new treatment and are put into mythological context. Sunsigns are described and a new Moonsign system is presented. A Kethira-centric astrological system is presented that makes use of the computer program to generate suitably arcane horoscopes for use in a game. The system ties astrology to alchemy, medicine and philosophy in a coherent and consistent way.

Tables are provides of astrological and astronomical conjunctions, 'anti-dominia' - particularly auspicious times, moonsign and sunsigns, eclipses of all kinds (from tr1 to tr800), and more. Additional tables can be generated by the included program.

Sidebars provide additional insights into incorporating astrology into a campaign. The presentation is rules-neutral, but there are obvious connections to the HarnMaster system.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago

Thx Robert, that helps too. Reluctant to put you on the spot, but here I go anyway. Should I expect a miners village or three near there, OR perhaps the miners HHs are an integral part of the Abreshres or Linuga populations?

Same logic hold for trappers, lumbermen, etc.?

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago

Same logic hold for trappers, lumbermen, etc.?

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago

And as far as the particular examples are concerned, the mine(s) would be in the 'unsettled wilderness' and would be held by the Miners Guild, either from Abeshres or Linuga, depending on the location.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago
    thx

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Tbh, haven't read that far ahead yet, still poring over the Shorkyne map. That map looks real good, and the skimming of Argonel even better. Thx again.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago
    thx

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago

Paul

Populations are 'allocated' at that level of detail in the Atlas Keléstia (AK) square publications.

For instance, take the square AK-SHKN-AX Ârgonel:

- the mining village of Glívan, which supports a number of mines outside of the manorial boundaries (and thus also outside the boundary of Ârgonel Barony), but within Gýtè Hundred, has a population listed of 16 HH (or approximately 80 miners and their families / camp followers / cooks etc).

- just to the south-east of Glívan is part of the Émhlè range of Quándas Âren ésal. This part of the range is centred around the lodge of Álun-ul. This location is listed as having a population of 10 HH (or approximately 50 individuals). These are the Émhlè (free Eméla) who live in that area.

Hope this helps.

• fief acres claimed and used   3 years 46 weeks ago

Paul

For instance, take the square AK-SHKN-AX Ârgonel:

Hope this helps.

There are currently 1 user and 45 guests online.

Online users