• Coráni Empire - Architecture   1 year 18 weeks ago

For the Corani, I would start by considering the ideas of Órcharan el
    Lanádes - the first architect to merit being named in the Venârivè and Summa Venârivè publications. His fame rests on his role in the rebuilding of Livélis, c.TR307+. That corresponds roughly to the apogee of the Azeryani Empire and the beginnings of the Corani, so it seems likely that the Corani would have been strongly influenced by him.

According to Summa Venârivè, the Imperial Style was augmented by "techniques from Emélrenè" over roughly the next 200 years. I agree with your reading - I believe the result was something akin to Romanesque. "Over two thousand significant temples and other religious buildings were built across Venârivè between tr300 and tr500." Surely a few of those must have been in the Corani Empire, and given the general implication in the text that these were mostly Laranian, I would assume that Kanday would have most of these examples.

Summa goes on to describe the later works in this style in some detail. According to Summa, Shélcomb Minster, in Tríerzòn, was built in TR509 and it sounds very reminiscent of Romanesque style. The architect is named - Álmos al Daváles - but of the 20 temples he designed, none seem to have been on Harn. Still, I'd imagine that his works would have been influential in Aleathia and the later Kanday, as those states surely would have been looking for models appropriate to their Laranian and Peonian sensibilities - and as far from possible from Morgathian, Agrikan, and Halean aesthetics in Golotha, Coranan, and Shiran.

Summa also mentions Agrikan - really, Pamesani - architecture spreading to Harn in this period, as well. And there is a statement on residential architecture (in Meókolis, at least) - "notable ... for the idea that individual citizens could contribute to the civic architecture ... The trend towards individualism began in this era, and it would accelerate in the next."

One final note from Summa - modern architecture seems to fall short of it's pre-plague excellence. "Even when the structure is sound, the modern efforts are visibly inferior to their older models in both detail and workmanship."

It seems like there's plenty of meat there for you to start with. I imagine a Corani style as a base, drawn from Órcharan el Lanádes. Later, a southern (Romanesque?) style emerges from Tríerzi/Laranian influences, and a more individualistic style in the cities of the Thard, influenced by the later Meokolis/Agrikan styles. Finally, a retrenchment due to the Red Death.

I'd love to see what you come up with for interpretations of these architects and their "schools". And I know I'm not alone - I love the fact that we have a game world where this sort of project is actually meaningful for a lot of people.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 20 weeks ago

I bought the Emelrene map just now, thinking the problem solved. Apparently not, and it has not appeared in the email I received with the download links for the items I just purchased.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 20 weeks ago

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 21 weeks ago

Pálganir is one of the counties of Palíthanè. It is held by clan Firlíyan, from the King of Palíthanè. All of Pálganir county lies within Nórimar Shire; the Sheriff of Nórimar (Bjorn al Dúren) has his seat at Týreden Castle, near Párahal city.

As noted, the county has four major holdings:
    - Ámdon Castle - seat of the Count
    - Erébis Castle - held by a younger brother of the Count
    - Fingélon Keep
    - Lúthen Keep

Three baronial clans are vassals of the Count:
    - Barons of Gwédnor & Quéri (clan Tórenasyn)
    - Barons of Môrgwin (clan Sóralas)
    - Barons of Nanéshyn (clan Fírlos)

In addition, the Bishop of Pálganir (who happens to be a brother of the Count), holds Kuzímè Abbey for the Laránian Church, as a vassal of the Count.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 21 weeks ago

As noted, the county has four major holdings:
    - Ámdon Castle - seat of the Count
    - Erébis Castle - held by a younger brother of the Count
    - Fingélon Keep
    - Lúthen Keep

Three baronial clans are vassals of the Count:
    - Barons of Gwédnor & Quéri (clan Tórenasyn)
    - Barons of Môrgwin (clan Sóralas)
    - Barons of Nanéshyn (clan Fírlos)

• Hepekeria?   1 year 22 weeks ago

There is a lot in the queue, but none of the four regions of Hepekeria are near the top.

• Hepekeria?   1 year 22 weeks ago

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 22 weeks ago

I have the same problem, Map is missing.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 22 weeks ago

I have the same problem, Map is missing.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 28 weeks ago

Shires are held by Sheriffs, who are appointed by the king.

In Emélrenè, Barons hold a keep, Earls hold a castle and several keeps, and Dukes hold at least two castles, and several keeps. Their holdings are scattered across the kingdom. The Earl of Quandas' lands are scattered over three shires.

I suspect (hope) that, in Palíthanè, An Earl's landholdings are more closely grouped. It certainly looks like the Earl of Pálganir will have only one Sheriff to deal with.

I'd love to see Palíthanè, too.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 28 weeks ago

Shires are held by Sheriffs, who are appointed by the king.

I'd love to see Palíthanè, too.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 28 weeks ago

I thought that shires where held by Count/Earls/Malnir and that Dukes/Telkors held two or more malniren/counties/shires.
    So my confusion came from that assumption!

I hope one day to see a kingdom module on Palithane.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 28 weeks ago

So my confusion came from that assumption!

I hope one day to see a kingdom module on Palithane.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 28 weeks ago

Hi
    I'm not the fount of all knowledge on Palíthanè, pretty sure that's Jeremy, but I believe that Pálganir isn't a Shire, it's a County (the lands are held by a Count or Earl) within Nórimar Shire. The clan holds at least two castles, Ámdon and Erébis, and two keeps Fingélon and Lúthen (all of which are close to the Emélreni border and on the Emelrene Kingdom map) from clan Lédrin.
    Because of its history, and the current political situation, Palíthanè is complicated.
    Hope this helps
    Neil

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 28 weeks ago

Hi
    Hope this helps
    Neil

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 30 weeks ago

Thanks! By the way great work on the map.

Congratulations on all your works! The Kingdom modules, maps, region modules are all beautifully made!

Finally, we are getting the world of Khetira fully detailed and very well done.

I'm eager to the see and buy the completed work on Santhrada beautiful work on the map of Santhrada, I have hopes the get the full work in my hands till the end of this year maybe we all get lucky....
    Are there any more works coming out of the oven this year? Or is it confidential
    Thanks again! And congratulations to the whole team!

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 30 weeks ago

Thanks! By the way great work on the map.

Finally, we are getting the world of Khetira fully detailed and very well done.

Thanks again! And congratulations to the whole team!

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 30 weeks ago

Sorry about that! I've manually added the map to your files, and it should be ready for download.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 30 weeks ago

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 30 weeks ago

The problem is now fixed. Thank you for reporting the issue.

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 30 weeks ago

The problem is now fixed. Thank you for reporting the issue.

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 30 weeks ago

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is an issue related to our web server and we are currently working on solving it.

In the meantime, please try the following workaround:

1.) Enter your information into the form and choose the country as usual but leave the "Zone" field as is. Then click on the "Review order" button.

2.) This will bring up an error message but also correctly update the zone selection.

3.) Select your zone and then click on "Review order" again. Your order should continue to the next step.

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 30 weeks ago

In the meantime, please try the following workaround:

• Thónia: the End of the World   1 year 36 weeks ago

Generally I love it, mostly for the background tapestry, but also for the gaming options. Especially the highlighted H'anvúchè is a well chosen option, which may even be targeted by my actual (seafaring) group in the future. It certainly is a "port of call" for traders and adventurers, and has a multitude of leads to go there, and options to delve deeper into Thonia from there.

Of the index entrys the only one I would have expected more (even in an index) is the first, Áhnàgu, of which only the fact that it is "legendary" is mentioned, but nothing on why, or what could be encountered there. Looking at the entry under the elder races it becomes clear that is a city of the Ahnu, or Dragons, but it still remains mysterious to the point that I could not even give my players a taste of what to expect - perhaps because I totally fail to imagine how a city of dragons may look like. That said, the idea of named (and characterized) dragons is new, but certainly justified considering their age and possible impact on society. I like that - it makes development from a given situation easier - and I start to wonder what other important dragons may dwell in other regions.

Reading the stories and interactions of the other cultures feels like filling in some real history of Kethira - perhaps because my own knowledge on any Terran equivalents is too scarce to see any overlays - and I am now really looking forward to deeper information on Hepekaria and perhaps later the Venarian sea.

Overall I am more then happy with it. Sorry if my only problem with the one illustration looks like a major issue - but I would not even bother to complain if it would not be a product worth it.

That said...
    I just developed a new perspective upon the character of the Ilme. Perhaps my group will some day find an Ilme who has the mission to bring some important information towards his cousins on Hârn, and might be inclined to help him... poor souls.

• Thónia: the End of the World   1 year 36 weeks ago

Sorry, but I think you err here on the style and timing.

Here is a depiction of typical Landsknechts fighting around 1502:

From a different source (Schilling) is this depiction of Dorneck 1499:

As you may see, there is nothing yet of the flamboyant style that has become so common just 10 years later, and that prevails for around 25 years before it changes yet again. This particular style with slashed outer garments is inspired by depictions from the 1510-1540 era. Given more colors, this illustration would fit here, and nowhere else - not later, and definitely not earlier. We do find earlier incidents of slashed clothing in the Italian nobility of the 15th century, and slowly spreading from there towards nobles and patricians in the rest of Europe, but their general style was different.

This particular merchant looks like he was inspired by Graf or Burgkmair, which simply activates too many Renaissance connections in me (perhaps just in me) to make him a possible part of Kelestia in TR720. For me its some 400 years off my expectations, and I cannot imagine a world where this guy walks through the streets of Tashal or Jarehm.