• Different injury table   11 years 10 weeks ago

I also explored the way the injury table was done in 3rd edition, but added six color injury levels and a method for frame to effect injury point damage. The usefullness of a universal table is demonstrated on endurcance checks. Instead of just testing a stat straight, to see if you live or die on a kill result (a heart on the table I made), you can have multiple results like Stun, KO, and Kill. Different tables could easily be made for each of the weapon aspects.

I do this for fun and enjoy sharing. It entertains my brain.

• Different injury table   11 years 10 weeks ago

I do this for fun and enjoy sharing. It entertains my brain.

• Different injury table   11 years 10 weeks ago

Hi Brimstone...

These are certainly interesting....

Sadly I'm not best qualified to give feedback on combat stuff...

But thanks very much for sharing this with everyone.

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rówanti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Different injury table   11 years 10 weeks ago

Hi Brimstone...

These are certainly interesting....

Sadly I'm not best qualified to give feedback on combat stuff...

But thanks very much for sharing this with everyone.

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rówanti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Product Update - 10 April 2008   11 years 10 weeks ago

Hi Jeremy,

Nice to have something to whet the appetite. Looking forward to seeing these new modules.

Dan.

• Abrupt Deoarture   11 years 10 weeks ago

Joe

Go if you can. Last years (at Leeds) was my first. I'd love to get to Vancouver, but alas it's a long way for a short visit and my summer holidays were booked elsewhere. I'm hoping IviniaCon (in Gothenburg) will be just as good.

You'll be made welcome by those attending, and you'll be able to sit in a bar discussing Harnic politics :)

Neil

• Abrupt Deoarture   11 years 10 weeks ago

Joe

Neil

• Abrupt Deoarture   11 years 10 weeks ago

Last weekend of August, Vancouver BC

• Abrupt Deoarture   11 years 10 weeks ago

Last weekend of August, Vancouver BC

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

There are no plans to upgrade the rule system. Expansions to the rules, covering new ground are hopeful, but not new version of what's already published.

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

I must admit that after I bought HM1 I never upgraded.

I assume that HM Gold(GM edition)will be the final incarnation of HM? I must admit that with the limited funds available for my hobby I can't afford to keep upgrading rule-sets every few years.

The man who WOULD NOT be king.

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

I must admit that after I bought HM1 I never upgraded.

The man who WOULD NOT be king.

• Demon in the House   11 years 11 weeks ago

[Edited for stupidity.]

Good story. Hits close to home.

• "Tech" level   11 years 11 weeks ago

Has anyone developed Brigantine yet? For reference, brigantine are metal plates, usually small ones rivited or sewn in between two pieces of leather.

Does Plate armor not exist at all or is it just rare? Plate armor isn't all that high tech you know. The ancient Greeks had it, albiet it was bronze, and the Romans were using the Lorica segmentata as early as the first century A.D. The Segementata was essentially a segmented steel breatsplate.

Solid steel cuirasses came to use about 1300. I imagine the Kuzdul with their metalcrafting skill and their long history would probably have thought of plate armor. Of course having the knowledge of something doesn't mean that it's going to be used. The Chinese had gunpowder for a good long time, but they didn't invent the gun.

• "Tech" level   11 years 11 weeks ago

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

HarnMaster Gold: GM's Edition

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

HarnMaster Gold: GM's Edition

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

The Treasure article you mention, which publication is it in?

The man who WOULD NOT be king.

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 11 weeks ago

The Treasure article you mention, which publication is it in?

The man who WOULD NOT be king.

• More Meat and More Meeting   11 years 11 weeks ago

...the thrill of Harn and well written RPG can go on forever. As many of the older gamers know, the time available for face-to-face gaming becomes ever more rare and precious. But the ability to collect and admire (and plan out sessions that may never be) can never be taken away.

In the last decade, I have not had the opportunity to play in a face-to-face game. Yet I still collect Harn (both Canon and Fanon)and participate in the occasional discussion. It allows me to think about a subject I care deeply about and to leave the mundane world behind. While the wife nags about, "Is this going to make any money" (a term I've come to loath) I always respond that this is a HOBBY and it certainly beats sitting around all weekend swilling beer and watching sports.

Fear not, your mind and it's imagination can not be taken away.

The man who WOULD NOT be king.

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 12 weeks ago

Thanks,
    The knock out gas is great. And its going in next session, so next week. Just changed the delivery to a clay pot with chemicals that mix on breaking and result in the cloud.
    Thanks again.

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 12 weeks ago

Thanks,
    Thanks again.

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 12 weeks ago

ok SOME sort reaction? :)

• Orbs of Lisana   11 years 12 weeks ago

ok SOME sort reaction? :)