• How is player character creation usually perfomed in your gaming group?   10 years 6 weeks ago

I never kill characters..the players do that for me!

I haven't killed a character off in years, so it's difficult for me to answer this, but when I create characters i try to set aside an hour or so for a pre-game

Our pre-game seems to happen over the ether nowadays as not to cut into game time...perhaps as a result of staggered character generation due to untimely deaths.

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   10 years 6 weeks ago

I always thought this is obvious :) . In my view, the result of the current poll "Where is your campaign settled?" CAN only be Hârn. Because we GM have good material for this island (maybe too much). I think MANY GM want to start a campaign elsewhere on Kethira, but they fear all the white places. It is not the case, that Hârn is more intressting oder "better" than all the other places.

So the poll should be: "Were would you start your next campaign if you had enough rescource material?" ;)

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   10 years 6 weeks ago

• Where is your current campaign set?   10 years 6 weeks ago

Your voices have been heard -- more differentiated polls in the future. :)

This first one was just something to get started with, anyway. It was somehow re-assuring nevertheless... ;)

Keep voting!

• Where is your current campaign set?   10 years 6 weeks ago

Nor does it have a "not on Kethira" option. I love the Harnmaster Gold rules-set, but 95% of my campaigns take place on Sherem.

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   10 years 6 weeks ago

This sort of feedback is very useful. Many thanks.

Project Director

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   10 years 6 weeks ago

This sort of feedback is very useful. Many thanks.

Project Director

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   10 years 6 weeks ago

I would LOVE to see some of my favorite parts of Kethira get the same treatment that Chelemby received. In fact, the Chelemby modules have re-ignited my passion for NRC's game world (which had slacked off under the former / competing regime with its RE-publication schedule).

I'd also second the idea that Harn has been thoroughly developed. Even if Kelestia Productions released all new Harn material, it would still be repetitive to some extent . . . but who wouldn't love to learn what NRC has hidden away in the underdeveloped places like Shorkyne and Ivinia!

Just the thought of having a complete Hurisea like I will soon have a complete Chelemby gives me shivers . . .

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   10 years 6 weeks ago

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

no arguments from me about the maps :)

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

no arguments from me about the maps :)

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 6 weeks ago

Chélemby is most certainly in the works; in fact the text is all written, it is being edited as we speak.

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 6 weeks ago

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 6 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure that several people are working on Chelemby City. Keeping consistency and catching errors in a city article for a city the size of Chelemby must be difficult.

Neil

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 6 weeks ago

Neil

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

Ken, you're right. But IMO this was not made clear in the adventure. I have to admit that It's a few years since I ran it, so I should re-read it before making too many comments. I changed major parts of the adventure (for one thing, I made the 'big bad' one of Panaga's henchmen) and there were a lot of little errors in the plotting.

But, the problems with it (from my perspective) were the maps, which annoyed me so much that I drew my own (that's an old story). Given the reputation of CGI's (at the time there was only CGI) maps I'm surprised no-one there pulled them up on it. Certainly the Minilaous keep map, though in colours and textures looks close to a Kelestia map, in design it's, er, not very good.

Allan, big, intrigue and secrets is good, but it needs the entire plot figuring out before you start writing it and it needs to fit with canon. The easiest way to do this is to write the canon yourself! Still, Nurisel and Lothraem intrigue me, and a comment on the HarnForum about Nurisel's lands have got me thinking.

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

• Where is your current campaign set?   10 years 6 weeks ago

The polls doesn't have an option for "not in a campaign". :(

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 6 weeks ago

What else might be in the works, Robin? A while back you mentioned a detailed article for the city of Chelemby . . .

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 6 weeks ago

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

I have played in and ref'd Web a number of times and like it. It had the feeling of something big, intrigue and secrets. I would like to see something similar, and as pointed out, it does not have to be on Harn. I designed a big campaign for Chelemby, but was waiting for some more releases.

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

• Campaign   10 years 6 weeks ago

This has bugged me from the get go. Web of the Widow did NOT introduce a new goddess into the pantheon, it simply introduced a cult that believed in one. I reckon there are all sorts of folk that participate in such things.