• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

Chélemby is most certainly in the works; in fact the text is all written, it is being edited as we speak.

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure that several people are working on Chelemby City. Keeping consistency and catching errors in a city article for a city the size of Chelemby must be difficult.

Neil

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

Neil

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

Ken, you're right. But IMO this was not made clear in the adventure. I have to admit that It's a few years since I ran it, so I should re-read it before making too many comments. I changed major parts of the adventure (for one thing, I made the 'big bad' one of Panaga's henchmen) and there were a lot of little errors in the plotting.

But, the problems with it (from my perspective) were the maps, which annoyed me so much that I drew my own (that's an old story). Given the reputation of CGI's (at the time there was only CGI) maps I'm surprised no-one there pulled them up on it. Certainly the Minilaous keep map, though in colours and textures looks close to a Kelestia map, in design it's, er, not very good.

Allan, big, intrigue and secrets is good, but it needs the entire plot figuring out before you start writing it and it needs to fit with canon. The easiest way to do this is to write the canon yourself! Still, Nurisel and Lothraem intrigue me, and a comment on the HarnForum about Nurisel's lands have got me thinking.

• Where is your current campaign set?   10 years 16 weeks ago

The polls doesn't have an option for "not in a campaign". :(

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

What else might be in the works, Robin? A while back you mentioned a detailed article for the city of Chelemby . . .

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

I have played in and ref'd Web a number of times and like it. It had the feeling of something big, intrigue and secrets. I would like to see something similar, and as pointed out, it does not have to be on Harn. I designed a big campaign for Chelemby, but was waiting for some more releases.

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

This has bugged me from the get go. Web of the Widow did NOT introduce a new goddess into the pantheon, it simply introduced a cult that believed in one. I reckon there are all sorts of folk that participate in such things.

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

Web of the Widow received some harsh criticism on it's release. Not all of it was, IMO justified. From memory the percieved problems were:
    The maps were horrible (I'm sure that this problem wouldn't arise with a Kelestia production).
    The maps mape changes from previously published maps (I sincerely hope that this wouldn't happen with a Kelestia production.)
    The plot introduced a new god(dess) into the pantheon. In my view there is enough good stuff in canon without needing to make such a major change.

Neil

Neil

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

As I understand it, Web had some connection to Lothrim, and thats what a bit campaign needs; juicy secrets revealed.

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

I recently spent a few hours chatting with a friend in Brisbane who used to work for Auran, but no longer does.

After Auran terminated its contract they converted Web of the Widow into 'generic' content and gave it away for free. Then they followed it up with the two sequels (I'm not sure about the names, but I'm told they were published). I'm sure the Auran D20 page(s) can tell you about this... you'll have to dig a bit to see what's what, though. Naturally any similarity to WoW is purely coincidental and all that :)

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

Yes that would be awesome. So long as it show cases the magic of the setting.

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

Yes that would be awesome. So long as it show cases the magic of the setting.

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

Would such a campaign have to be set on Hârn?

There is *tremendous* scope of such a campaign in the relations between Shôrkýnè, Palíthanè, and Tríerzòn....

?

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Campaign   10 years 16 weeks ago

Would such a campaign have to be set on Hârn?

?

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

Well, one must admit that acquiring a collection of nasty oncs did rather impact the production schedule. As of this moment, however, I am feeling quite a lot better and working hard to complete a series of new products, some of which should be out by Christmas (2007)...

Of course I couldn't do this without the incredible help I'm getting from the HârnMakers Guild.

I'd also like to thank the many good folk, including lots of new people (well, not new people... they have credit cards so they're not entirely new... but you know what I mean), who have been buying so much stuff (even without our publishing a lot of new products). Our market is actually *expanding* and that's remarkable.

Anyway... Thanks for asking :)

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

Anyway... Thanks for asking :)

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 16 weeks ago

I need a Xmas present, last year was really sad. Is that the sort of time line you are operating on?