• Hundreds   11 years 44 weeks ago

• Hundreds   11 years 44 weeks ago

According to HarnPlayer?

This explains why I couldn't find it in the HarnDex :oops:

Thanks

Neil

• New Campaign Help   11 years 44 weeks ago

**SPOILER ALERT** (non-GMS playing in Chelemby should not read this)

Hi Allan,

I'm replying late, sorry, but here are some things that may help tie various bits of Chelemby together and get your players exploring various parts of the island.

THE JAAGENSEN
    As Jeremy has mentioned, there is a semi-official school of arcane lore in Chelemby city, sponsored by Clan Jaagensen. This is an interesting, and powerful, clan.
    - The current treasurer is a Jaagensen.
    - A secret underground tunnel runs from the Jaagensen clanhouse (P4) to outside the city wall. What's that there for?
    - The Jaagensen dominate the herring trade in Koladis, but this position has recently been challenged by the Silkan. The Silkan have a colourful history, and have recently seen a resurgence of fortune thanks to the recent arrival of Kal and Taros (the latter being a member-at-large of the Valstrad). What is their story?
    - The Silkan (esp. Kal) are involved in the Kalinby-Tarkenby feud. The Silkan were also involved in the Elbrath-Elionasen feud. The Jaagensen, meanwhile, are allies of Tarkenby, and also of the Pelanby (one of the most powerful clans in NW Lythia). This could involve the players in the local politics and lead on to adventures in mainland Lythia as they attempt to make their way back to Harn.
    - With their involvement in the herring trade, the Jaagensen would have some connection with Salonen Ekatriasa in Koladis. He has an 'uncanny' accuracy for picking the location of the fish. What is his story?
    - It seems also that one of the Temian burial sites lies within the Jaagensen nalard.

ANCIENT RUINS
    The various Earthmaster and Temian sites have also been mentioned. There are a few interesting characters in Chelemby, Koladis and Evanekin with interests in these sites, connections with the Shek P'var, or both:
    - Kala the Tutor and Mide the Beggar in Koladis
    - Mirel Wentelsen and Lesyl Dysen in Evanekin
    - The Queen is from Emelrene, which has links with Melderyn and which borders with Alagon in Shorkyne (the duke of Alagon, a Pelanby , is a friend of King Aemon).
    - The cult surrounding the Jarind stones of Chelemby (mentioned in the lore section of this website).

A few interesting tidbits from the Chelemby City guide, which you can only speculate on until the actual module comes out, include the Hyzel glassworker (I48: some Hyzel are worshippers of Siem - a Sindar perhaps?); the soothsayer who is apparently an outcast daughter of a Silkan (K16); and the Berema-trained artefact dealer (V16).

I hope those few things help. I think you should have no trouble keeping players occupied in Chelemby and its near neighbours for a while.

Dan.

• New Campaign Help   11 years 44 weeks ago

**SPOILER ALERT** (non-GMS playing in Chelemby should not read this)

Hi Allan,

THE JAAGENSEN
    - The current treasurer is a Jaagensen.

ANCIENT RUINS
    - Kala the Tutor and Mide the Beggar in Koladis
    - Mirel Wentelsen and Lesyl Dysen in Evanekin

Dan.

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 44 weeks ago

I think we have to acknowledge the possibility that Adobe did indeed manage to improve their compression algorhythms :)

I actually noticed the difference when I created the new file. If I weren't quite as lazy as I in fact appear to be... I would probably rebuild all our distribution files as version 6 (the earlier ones are version 5). I may, however, wait until I get version 7 or 8...

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 44 weeks ago

• Hundreds   11 years 44 weeks ago

According to HarnPlayer (and correcting for the layout error there), shire is "irdiula" and hundred is "trevediula".

• Hundreds   11 years 44 weeks ago

Darn good question.

My copy is 19.6 MB, but I just found that if I re-saved the file using Acrobat Pro that it would go down to 8.7 MB. And I didn't even specify and optimizations.

If I do specify some optimizations, I can get it down to 4.6 MB and there doesn't seem any degradation of the bitmap images worth mentioning.

Darn good question.

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

Just curious ... the old PDF is about 22 Mb while the new one is around 10 Mb in size. There doesn't appear to be a difference between the documents in Adobe Reader (other than the repaired margins). What would cause the discrepancy?

Thanks,
    Brian

Thanks,
    Brian

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

Ah ... yes indeed it has been a while hasn't it. And now I'm overwhelmed with holiday season events (mainly for my children).

I shall plan a visit for the near future!

Thanks for the file in the meantime :) ... we have a spiffy new colour laser printer here at work and I might try a few pages on that.

Cheers,
    B

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

I shall plan a visit for the near future!

Cheers,
    B

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

Brian, I should make you come and pick one up in person... you haven't been out here in ... ?

but... check your my files page... :)

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

but... check your my files page... :)

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

Hmmm ... I never noticed this, but I have not yet tried to print it out though.

Could I get an updated copy please?

Cheers,
    Brian

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

Hmmm ... I never noticed this, but I have not yet tried to print it out though.

Could I get an updated copy please?

Cheers,
    Brian

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

I got the replacement file from the "My Files" section. And I now have a completely printed rule book. Thank you for addressing the issue.

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

I've printed it out numerous times. Can't say as I ever noticed it though :)

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

I've printed it out numerous times. Can't say as I ever noticed it though :)

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

I am, frankly, amazed that no one has noticed this before... Perhaps no one has ever wanted to print the Roleplaying article until now?

I will get right on it...

Ok... we have found the problem and fixed it in a new version (no new version number) of the pdf file. The new version will replace the old one in the eShop immediately and we will reissue to everyone who asks...

Management appologises for the inconveniences (but still can't believe that no one noticed until now!)...

• HM Gold Player Edition Margins Issue   11 years 45 weeks ago

I will get right on it...

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   11 years 46 weeks ago

Hello :-)

I am certainly interested in Chélemby but have to admit I feel much more eager and happy anticipation towards Venârivè. Christmas is approaching with speed!

Happy editing ...