• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   11 years 46 weeks ago

Hello :-)

I am certainly interested in Chélemby but have to admit I feel much more eager and happy anticipation towards Venârivè. Christmas is approaching with speed!

Happy editing ...

Don't we all?

Don't we all?

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

Patience is a Harnican's middle name.
    Sometimes the greed takes over, and I want it all now.
    Allan

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

Patience is a Harnican's middle name.
    Sometimes the greed takes over, and I want it all now.
    Allan

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

"I was sort of hoping Dinibor would be produced soon."

Unless Jeremy indicates that a particular module is forthcoming, don't get your expectations up.

Same comment applies to the our question a couple days ago about other Chelemby adventures.

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

"I was sort of hoping Dinibor would be produced soon."

Thanks,
    I could possibly use Tesien, although in that particular campaign, Tesien is the location of a Earthmaster jail. From the start of the campiagn the ward's have been slowly collapsing. It is all connected with one of the large plots of Earthmaster and Airmasters. I thing I had an Airmaster entity trying to weaken the bars from the outside also.
    I have some notes on the Airmasters if anyone's interested?
    I was sort of hoping Dinibor would be produced soon.
    Allan

Thanks,
    I have some notes on the Airmasters if anyone's interested?
    I was sort of hoping Dinibor would be produced soon.
    Allan

Tesien it is.

It's just been so long that I took much of a look at anything on Harn (other than Orbaal) that a lot of place names, etc., have fallen out of my memory cache.

Tesien it is.

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

. . . and that's a big IF, the Godstone in Kanday is located at Tesien in the Ternua Heath along with a group of nasty bandits. (New lackeys for the villian, having been suitably impressed by a display of his powers?)

----------

Old style heraldry: Sable, the pale argent.

New style heraldry: Oreo, resting on edge.

----------

Old style heraldry: Sable, the pale argent.

New style heraldry: Oreo, resting on edge.

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

"I could not think of a good way to move the villian, from Kanday to Chelemby".

Godstones seem the obvious choice.

There is a godstone in Kanday the marshy area (whose I can't remember, and I don't have a scan of Kanday on this computer).

There is godstone in Chelemby at Dinibor.

Only problem then is whether you want the villain to be following the character closely. If the villain has to spend some time travelling to and from godstones, that would slow him down by several days. Oh, also, the villain apparently must have figured out how to ensure that a godstone delivers him where he wants to go.

You could speed this up by arranging to have the character doing something at Dinibor. :)

How does the villain know the character is in Chelemby? Presumably some sort of Savorya spell gave him the knowledge.

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

"I could not think of a good way to move the villian, from Kanday to Chelemby".

Godstones seem the obvious choice.

There is godstone in Chelemby at Dinibor.

Thanks Neil,
    I could not think of a good way to move the villian, from Kanday to Chelemby, chasing the player. But it may be easy to just not detail the 'how' to myself or the players. If I really want to do it easy, I can just have him have an amulet of portals like the player, and he is able to track him to the island.
    Allan

Thanks Neil,
    Allan

Allan, you said:

This is something I think that too many people forget. There is always a tension between background and plot, especially in a game world as detailed as Kethira. These tensions have concerned me over the years and I’ve come to the following conclusions.

I’ve bought this extremely detailed settlement, I have a brilliant plot, but I need to kill the local innkeeper. But if I do that, the background details I paid $20.00 for will be wrong.

Just do it. The point is to have fun. You can always copy the page and make the relevant amendments.

I’m running a Kanday/Rethem war. What will King Andasin do?
    He’ll do what you want him to do, you’re in charge. It’s important for all referees to remember that they are the final arbiter in their pHârn.

If you want Andasin weak and vacillating, he is!
    If you want him gay, he is!
    If you want him strong and macho, he is!
    If players complain, first, they should not know what to expect, second, it just took the crisis to bring out the best (or worst) in him.

For me, story is more important than details.

Neil

Allan, you said:

I’m running a Kanday/Rethem war. What will King Andasin do?

If you want Andasin weak and vacillating, he is!
    If you want him gay, he is!
    If you want him strong and macho, he is!

For me, story is more important than details.

Neil

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

One of the things I have found with Kelestia adventure design, is getting caught up on the realism details. Sometimes its good to let it go. I might just have to story tell the events and not get too caught up on the details.

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

I got a little rushed there, and had not pointed out that Eralion is the players new master. Prestigor was his Aleath chantry master, who was murdered by the senoir apprentice. This senior apprentice Vortigern (he was the main villian against the S-P in the early part of the game), is in league with Koledz (not sure I have the name right). Koledz is a senior master at the chantry, who is the instigator of many foul plots.
    Eralion's research partner is the current villian, and will do away with Eralion in his attempt to extract the info about the library.
    Thanks for the idea's about Chelemby.
    I want the player to go on long road trip back to Harn, pursued by the villian. I dont have his name at the moment, he was modeled of the villian in the Selvos expansion module, who was looking for the Morgathian temple.
    Any other idea's would be great.
    Is there a time frame for the adventure material?
    Thanks
    Allan

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

Thanks for the idea's about Chelemby.
    Any other idea's would be great.
    Is there a time frame for the adventure material?
    Thanks
    Allan

• New Campaign Help   11 years 46 weeks ago

Also consider that getting from Chelemby back to Harn, (or anywhere else) isn't necessarily an easy feat. The S-P COULD risk another trip through the pocket dimension, but who's to say where he'd end up this time?. The answer is of course, wherever you want him to. :) Maybe right back on Chelemby. He could swim...for a bit. Or he can take a ship ride, provided he has the money, is free to do so, and can find a ship that will take him.