• New Campaign Help   11 years 42 weeks ago

Is the problem that you need an excuse to drop the character on Chelemby, or an excuse to keep him there? Or both?

Also, how did his "late master" become late?

• New Campaign Help   11 years 42 weeks ago

Also, how did his "late master" become late?

• Chelemby Interactive   11 years 42 weeks ago

Disable the "Structures" layer. But then you will not be able to identify individual buildings I guess.

• Chelemby Interactive   11 years 42 weeks ago

• Time for a new poll   11 years 42 weeks ago

Nope. :)

J.

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   11 years 42 weeks ago

Dan

We are working as hard as we can on Chélemby. I can't really say any more, I'm afraid!

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   11 years 42 weeks ago

Dan

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• The Chostôren   11 years 42 weeks ago

Hi Dan

The Chostôri are covered in the Bestiary, and also in Kèthîra v2. They are possibly related to the Dwarves.

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• The Chostôren   11 years 42 weeks ago

Hi Dan

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   11 years 42 weeks ago

So, annoying as these sorts of questions probably are for the publishers, is there an expected release date for Chélemby City?

Thanks,
    Dan.

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   11 years 42 weeks ago

Thanks,
    Dan.

• Time for a new poll   11 years 42 weeks ago

The question was actually phrased this open-ended on purpose. As I said: I didn't want to ask about any specific products, only get a general idea if working on rules material is worthwile.

So, you don't think that a question like this would be helpful?

• Time for a new poll   11 years 42 weeks ago

We should only ask about products we are seriously considering working on; and able to actually work on.

The "rules" products that we *could* work on (because quite some material has been developed) include:

* Harn Manor Gold (Robin has a version)
    * Harn "Castle" or "Settlement" - I developed this a few years ago

In any case - we should finish Chelemby and a few other things first....

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Time for a new poll   11 years 42 weeks ago

The question as phrased is much too open ended.

If it was phrased more like "would you like to see a rules expansion on the topic of X", that would be a lot better.

Even then, I wouldn't be too sure about asking it unless there was a real chance that Kelestia was thinking about working on product X.

• HârnMakers & Confidentiality   11 years 42 weeks ago

Ken, If Kelestia's production line was better organized, I would agree that it could be good idea to let the community know that something is being worked on and there is a target publication date of X. But right now, Kelestia's writers are basically a herd of cats working on whatever happens to interest them and only a few of the modules/articles have a dimly viewed target date for finishing up. Jeremy does his best to direct the cats toward a common goal, but without a big checkbook in hand there's only so much he can do.

I alluded earlier to a kingdom article which has been "in development" for at least three years but which the last I checked in was no better than half written. And yet it has been discussed on HarnForum several times during that period. What good does that do? In regards to that particular kingdom, I seriously think years of stony silence would have been a lot better.

As a second example, take a look at the exchange that occurred on HarnForum a month or two ago when someone said he was going to work on a fanon thing about Altland, and Jeremy popped up to try to draw him into the Kelestia fold. There were people who were more than a little irritated that Kelestia is "working on" uncountable things but is delivering on hardly any of them, and frankly I had to agree with their complaints.

• HârnMakers & Confidentiality   11 years 43 weeks ago

There's another side to it though. Letting the community at large know that something is being worked on or is even just in the consideration phase allows that community to direct it's own development energies in other directions. We (and CGI) have mostly been able to avoid the Fanon vs Canon battle of having a well done fanon setting article superseded by an official one. It also allows the talent pool out there to lend their own efforts towards an official product that they might be particularly interested in or suited to. If we don't communicate to the fan base, then they have nothing to go on.

In addition, simply letting folks know that things ARE being worked on is better than stony years of silence. At the rate that things get released, it would be easy to slip from the consumers consciousness if we gave them no hint that we are indeed working on material. The natural question they're going to have is...well, WHAT are you working on. Simply answering that it's a secret is likely to be more frustrating and disappointing than letting them know, but making it clear that there's no fixed time table.

There are exceptions of course. Nothing wrong with some covert projects just as long as folks perceive KP as an active, alive, development house. Trierzon for example, I think should be kept a secret as much as possible.

But... it's Robin's rules around here, so that's that. :)

• House Rules   11 years 43 weeks ago

PDF Downloads would be preferable for me.

• House Rules   11 years 43 weeks ago

PDF Downloads would be preferable for me.

• Moving material to new computer   11 years 43 weeks ago

I think I fixed the problem, dodgy memory stick. Thanks for the help. I now have all the material across on the lap top, and starting a new Chelemby campaign now. I best get designing.
    Allan

• Moving material to new computer   11 years 43 weeks ago

Allan

• Moving material to new computer   11 years 43 weeks ago

Well, it really looks to me as if there is something wrong with how you are moving the files rather than with the files themselves.

Are the two computers in question networked? Can you move the files that way?

If you can, copying the good files to a non-volatile medium (CD?) might be a good idea?

• Moving material to new computer   11 years 43 weeks ago

Are the two computers in question networked? Can you move the files that way?

• Sponsorship in Chelémbian society   11 years 43 weeks ago

Dan

I don't have any gaming going at the moment.

But I have been researching Ivinian culture alot. Coming from a non-scandanavian country, I have found that the Ivinian society dynamics are fundamentally different to feudal kindgoms.

I have been working on a fanon for Tawheim (Orbaal) for a while. The Valhakkar has travelled widely and brought the customs of many lands to his court. I have been looking into possibilities and many of these likely come from other Ivinian cultures (eg: Chelemby, Harbaal, Selbenvaal)

With that said, it could be argued that Chelemby is a special case. It has an Ivinian foundation, but has elements from various neibouring cultures (largely feudal).

I have been looking at elements to include in possible campaigns. One that I was thinking was the players escorting one of the clan's Husgaren. This Husgaren is a key advisor for the Valhakkar. So will visit various Nalards, Kanthusen (trading posts), travel on ships, conducting diplomatic/political missions, explore possible new markets etc (naturally there will be those who oppose clan activies for various reasons).

When you design a campaign in Chelemby, don't forget the clan ties to other branches of the clan in other countries such as Harbaal, Ivinia, Orbaal, Quaphor etc. They can add alot.

Peter

• Sponsorship in Chelémbian society   11 years 43 weeks ago

Dan

I don't have any gaming going at the moment.

Peter

• Sponsorship in Chelémbian society   11 years 43 weeks ago

Cheers, Peter. I was thinking as well that the nature of each particular relationship would vary a lot.

After writing those questions, I found an answer to one of them: in the Koladis and Evanekin articles, it says that businesses pay 5% to their sponsoring clan, instead of guild dues (plus 5% to the local government). I imagine Chelemby city would be the same.

As an aside, is or was your game (either as player or GM) set in Chelemby? If so, I'd be interested to hear what the campaign involved.

Dan.