Atlas Keléstia - SHKN L1 (Bôrin)
Multi-layered PDF map and detailed index for Atlas Keléstia square SHKN-L1 (Bôrin).
The area of SHKN-L1 is located in northern Hârbáal along its border with Járenmark and includes part of Bôrin thranáal in the sub-kingdom of Gávrios. It is a region of mostly wilderness wandered by Álti tribesmen, crossed by a caravan trail leading east from Bôrin thran to the Hârbáaler Alps and beyond to Hlen and northern Huriséa.
Locations on map SHKN-L1 include:
- Bôrin thran - The stronghold of clan Trith was for centuries the centre of the petty kingdom called Tritheim, but it is now the chief settlement of a thranáal in the Hârbáaler kingdom of Gávrios;
- Wúruna River valley - A canyon which opens on the sea and is claimed by both Gávrios and Járenmark, but more aptly is the realm of Álti tribal folk. The long caravan trail from Bôrin to Hlen ascends the valley on its way to Bovóni Pass.
- Zâal River valley - A branch of the Wúruna valley. At its head is the chill Zâal Lake; beyond is Zâlak Pass, where the Álti have spotted gârgun.
- Mt. Bârek - Mountain overlooking the north side of the Wúruna valley. It factors in several tales about Sárajìn’s defeat of the Álti deity Maádtera, and is a minor Sárajìnian pilgrimage site.
- Mt. Sølvesan - Peak which dominates the ridge between Bôrin and Ósena thranáals. Although only one silver mine is currently open on its flanks, there have been several others over the centuries.
An index (provided as both a text PDF file and an Excel data file) includes notes and data for every named location on the map.
SHKN-L1 cartography by N. Robin Crossby, Ken Snellings, and Robert B. Schmunk. Location notes and data by Robert B. Schmunk.