HârnMaster Gold: Player Edition
By N. Robin Crossby
150 pages (illustrated)
High quality roleplaying rules, suitable for most fantasy environments.
The HârnMaster Gold Player Edition includes guidance and rules for:
- Roleplaying - 6 pages
- Character specification and generation, including: attributes and generation, birth and family, medical and appearance, physical attributes, personality, skill assignment, equipment and funds - 18 pages
- Pregame - optional guidance and rules for fleshing out characters before play - 4 pages
- Skills, including: skill bases and mastery, skill tests, specialities, physical and other penalties, skill development, types of skills, skills tables - 8 pages
- Combat, including: unarmed, melee, missile, and mounted combat - 28 pages
- Weaponcraft: the construction and maintenance of weapons and armour - 4 pages
- Physician skill and healing - 4 pages
- Religion, including: deities, churches, priesthood, rituals, piety, divine intervention, ritual invocations - 10 pages
- GlossDex providing detailed reference to game activities - 42 pages
- Character Profiles
- Combat Tables
This PDF edition has a fully interactive set of bookmarks. Just click on a bookmark and you're there. There are also plenty of cross-links in the text to help you find what you need quickly.
It is also completely printable if you prefer the feel of a rulebook at your gaming table.
Differences between version 2.0 and version 2.1
New Layout from cover to cover; version 2.0 errata is incorporated; Missile Combat "Passive Cover" simplified; Some ambiguities clarified; Combat Tables cleaned up; Interactive bookmarks & links (we've mentioned this before, but it is very useful); Other odds and ends, here and there have been fixed and/or improved.
The update from version 2.0 to version 2.1 is 'minor' (or at most, 'intermediate') or we would have called it version 3. If you have version 2.0 of the Player Edition, it will work seamlessly with version 2.1 of the Gamemaster Edition.